Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A happier dance for sure

Dance number two, y'all.

While yesterday's danced help me to alleviate some anger, confusion and frustration, today's dance served to shake loose some things that I needed to let go of, and that earlier in the day I cleared up a bit.

This dance came from me realizing how far I've come in terms of my journey.  How much I've grown.  And above all else, how  much I value myself...as I am - flaws, neuroses, farts and all.

In the past, what I'm currently dealing with might have put me in a state of mind where I started to question who I am and my value.  No, not might have...it totally would.  A lot of poor, poor pitiful Tiff nonsense.

And don't get me wrong, initially I had a twinge of that.  It's normal.

But it passed pretty quickly, and although I'm not completely back to my old self, I know I'm definitely on my way.

But to celebrate myself (which is something we all should do now and then, celebrate ourselves...I mean, you're uniquely you and that's pretty goddamned amazing if you think about it), I decided to do a happy dance.

And per the request of a dear friend, I did it to "Dancing on the Ceiling" by Lionel Richie.

And because I wasn't out anywhere...I opened my blinds and just danced in front of the window.

It's quite a freeing thing, dancing like an idiot I mean.  



-T.

No comments:

Post a Comment